Interested in launching a web3 app today? We’ve partnered up with Niftory so that you can build, test, and deploy with no coding required. Copy this Github Repo to get started now.
Welcome to Dapper!
We are excited to partner with you in bringing the exciting world of Web3 to a mainstream audience! This guide will help you get up and running quickly on the Dapper Platform and understand the steps involved. There are 3 key steps that we will walk through here:
Step 1: Deploying Contracts and custom transactions to the Flow Blockchain
Step 2: Submitting Contracts to the NFT Catalog and generating standardized transactions
Step 3: Submitting your Contracts and Transactions to the Dapper Developer Portal
We have two environments Staging/Testnet and Production/Mainnet.
Testnet is where you build and test your applications, and Mainnet is where you launch them. Once your application is working as expected on Testnet, you will repeat the process to submit your application for Mainnet.
The following diagram provides an overview of the various environments involved in deployment:
Step 1: Deploy Your Contracts to Testnet
Follow the guide for Adding Contracts to Your Flow Account in order to deploy your NFT Contract to your Flow Account.
Step 2: Submit your NFT Collection to the Flow NFTCatalog
Once your contracts are deployed to Testnet, submit your contracts to the Flow NFTCatalog. You can follow the Submitting a Collection to NFTCatalog guide.
Step 3: Submit your Application to the Dapper Developer Portal
1. Access the Developers Portal in staging. This is your dashboard for managing your apps and contracts on the Dapper Platform.
2. From the Developers Dashboard, create a new app:
3. Provide the required application details
4. Add your Contracts
5. Add your Transactions
6. Submit your App for Review
The approval process is carried out by Solution Engineers at Dapper Labs to ensure the security of the transactions, and takes 2 - 3 business days for review.
You application status can be in the following states:
- Draft: Your Application details will be autosaved and will be in a draft state until you submit for review.
- In Review: This is the status your transaction will be in after you have submitted it, and until it has been approved.
- Live: This means your transaction is whitelisted and ready to be used in your app.
- Rejected: This means your transaction is rejected due to security issues. Reach out to your account manager for further assistance.
Once your application is submitted, it is available on the staging environment of Dapper Platform and Testnet.
You can easily add new contracts/transactions and update your existing transactions as you test and debug your app. For an in-depth tutorial of working with your app on the Dapper Platform, follow the Developing for the Dapper Platform Guide.
Building You Application Web Client
Now that your contracts are deployed on Testnet and submitted to the Dapper Platform, you can build an application that leverages these contracts. This requires invoking your transactions on FLOW via the Flow Client Library (FCL), which can either be done directly on the client, or through back-end APIs on behalf of the client.
Publishing to Mainnet
Once your Application is approved on Testnet, you will need to repeat the process for the Production Developer Portal. Once approval is completed, your transactions will be will be invokable on Mainnet via Dapper Wallet.